how to run gdb with gnuradio 3.8 ?

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: how to run gdb with gnuradio 3.8 ?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 13:28:57 -0700

I am trying to debug an OOT in gnuradio 3.8 using gdb.  It's a problem with double free()
that seems to have popped up with 3.8.2

I rebuilt my OOT with debug symbols.  WIthout gdb, it all runs, but of course tells me about the double free() when it shuts down.

1. I've altered the top_block.py to stop and wait after printing the process id before continuing,
then enter to continue.  This starts up the flowgraph GUI.

2. In a different terminal window:
$ sudo gdb -p the_process_id
This makes the gui disappear, and   'System Problem Detected' window appears asking
if I want to report the problem.

I still have the gdb window, but because I was not able to shut down my GUI, the
backtrace does not let me look at the shutdown error I am getting.

-- Tom, N5EG