GNU Radio SDR Project

From: Elmore's
Subject: GNU Radio SDR Project
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 22:03:45 -0400

I am currently working on a GNU radio project using my Softrock/MOBO SDR. I have a functioning receiver and transmitter. I now want to incorporate an interface to the Softrock in the GNU Radio flowgraph. I have not been able to find any info on how to do this.

I am using a command line application called usbsoftrock to control PTT and frequency. This is written in C. Ideally I would like to call usbsoftrock from the flowgraph but I don’t see any way to do that. I have looked at creating a new block and using a Function Probe block but this doesn’t seem possible. The blocks need to be written in C++ or Python and Function Probe can’t make a single function call.

My platform is a Raspberry Pi. GNU Radio has presented a stiff learning curve for me and I’m sure I still have a lack of understanding of many aspects of it.

Note that I have used quisk on the RPi and PowerSDR on a Windows machine with the Softrock.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can provide.