GNU radio logging

From: Xiang Ma
Subject: GNU radio logging
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 16:33:45 -0600

Hi,

    I want to print the logging information of the gnuradio. I checked the website https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Logging, it is kind of outdated.

hu@hu:~/Documents/marxwolf.github.io$ gnuradio-config-info --version
3.7.14.0
This is the gnuradio version on my Ubuntu 18.04. TO make the logging configuration work in system level, I try to edit vim /usr/local/etc/gnuradio/conf.d/gnuradio-runtime.conf file,

[LOG]
# Levels can be (case insensitive):
#       DEBUG, INFO, WARN, TRACE, ERROR, ALERT, CRIT, FATAL, EMERG
log_level = debug
debug_level = emerg

# These file names can either be 'stdout' to output to standard output
# or 'stderr' to output to standard error. Any other string will
# create a file in which to output the logging information. An empty
# string or no value here will ignore this level of configuration
# completely.
log_file = stdout
debug_file = stderr

# Used for advanced configuration of the logger
#log_config = /usr/local/etc/gnuradio/gr_log_default.xml

I edit the log_level and log_file, but it does not work. And I am not sure why. Please help me.
Best Regards,

Xiang Ma

--
Xiang Ma, Ph.D. Student