Re: GNU radio logging

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: GNU radio logging
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:22:56 -0400

On 09/17/2020 12:55 PM, Xiang Ma wrote:
Hi, Marucs,

I find this in the link you mentioned:

Using Logging in Out of Tree Modules

In order to use the logging interface in an out of tree module based on a gr_modtool template module, several CMake modifications are required. Without these changes, logging will be disabled.

GrMiscUtils.cmake module must be included in the OOT module top level CMakeLists.Texts file, and the GR_LOGGING() function provided by GrMiscUtils must be called from the same top level CMakeLists.txt file. This will set the appropriate build environment and during that process, attempt to find the log4cpp package using the FindLog4Cpp.cmake module. This module is not included in the module by gr_modtool, but is part of the GNU Radio codebase and can be copied directly into the cmake/Modules/ directory of the OOT module.

Once these CMake changes are made, the GR logging interface will function as documented on this page.

But I do not know how to do that.

Is it
include(GrMiscUtils.cmake)
GR_LOGGING()
?
Best,

I *think* that's correct, but I'm not a CMake expert.   Somebody else should probably comment on the correct procedure/syntax to get
  this accomplished.