Re: Thoughts on forming a GNU Radio Amateur Radio monthly meeting group

From: Kristoff
Subject: Re: Thoughts on forming a GNU Radio Amateur Radio monthly meeting group
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 22:12:25 +0200

Hi Barry,

On 21/09/2020 02:55, Barry Duggan wrote:
As a result of the CRGon20 Breakout session on Ham Radio, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the formation of a monthly group meeting for those interested in using GNU Radio in amateur applications. We would like to get some feedback on the format, the media, and the frequency of proposed meetings. Please respond to this thread.

Look for further announcements here and on the GNU Radio home page https://www.gnuradio.org/

I am also interested.

I started the "SDR Belgium" mailing-list here in ON-country.
My plan is to start to do a "SDR Meetup" via jitsi at least once in two weeks.

I'm also looking in the option to do a number of workshops on GNU Radio for amateur-radios here.

If somebody here has experience on how to organise this -especially from an "educational" point of view- that would surely interest me.

Thinks like how many sessions, subjects, intended audience, "expected reading / watching" before the sessions, ....

Thanks and 73,
Barry Duggan KV4FV

73

kristoff - ON1ARF