Re: multiply_vxx_const.set_k() in GR3.9 seems to be busticated?

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: multiply_vxx_const.set_k() in GR3.9 seems to be busticated?
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 21:31:23 -0700

Try the "Fast Multiply Constant" block instead. The "Multiply Constant" block requires that the constant be a vector.

Ron

On 10/6/20 21:08, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
This is an apparent problem in 3.9.0.0-git

In grc, create a multiply_const with a vector size > 1

Have a function_probe block that sets the constant on a regular basis--perhaps from a variable, or a function call or the like.

The constant will never be updated, even thought the function_probe setter is getting called.  It's like the statement that contains the   muitiply_const_vxx.set_k() is never even getting evaluated, because if the value inside the set_k is itself a function call, that function
  is never called.

This caused me to pull my hair out (well, figuratively).

Now the originating flow-graph .grc file originated from GR 3.7 but GRC 3.9 didn't appear to have any problem converting it and the   generated python looks entirely valid.  This is almost like Python3 is simply quietly ignoring the entire statement and I cannot
  understand why.