Re: phase difference between Tx/Rx1 Tx/Rx2

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: phase difference between Tx/Rx1 Tx/Rx2
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 19:21:53 -0400

On 10/07/2020 07:13 PM, Xiang Ma wrote:
Should the TX be the signal before it been received and after it been transmitted?

Thx

The phase of the TX signal, as seen at the RX will be some function of the propagation delay between the two, and the initial phase at the TX.
  That's basic conceptual stuff.

Since the TX and RX phase is determined by hardware that isn't necessarily mutually synchronized, (that is the RX LO and TX LO don't originate from the same hardware), determining the initial phase will require estimating what the phase difference due to geometry between the TX and RX is. In radar applications, I understand that coding is used to help with this. But I'm not a radar guy.

But again this is basic conceptual stuff that is, to a first approximation, unrelated to the hardware that is being used.