Re: oscilloscope suggestions

From: Fabian Schwartau
Subject: Re: oscilloscope suggestions
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 13:33:10 +0200

Hi Daniel,

You can probably do that with GNURadio, I mean you can use the basic
processing and display blocks in any Python/C++ (and probably others)
program. But as far as I know there is not much software in GNURadio to
interface the multitude of devices out there.
You should check out (lib)sigrok and Pulseview. This is a library and a
GUI exactly for this purpose (and others) and they support a ton of
devices. Interestingly there seems to be (20 second google search) no
direct interface between sigrok and GNURadio (except for pipes/files I
guess) - this could make a nice project which would add a lot of value
to GNURadio (I imagine a sigrok block in GNURadio, which can be
configured to capture stuff from all the supported devices or send a
data stream to them - sigrok can also control instruments like frequency
generators, ...).
However, I think you can do it, but GNURadio is not the right tool for that.

Regards,
Fabian