Re: Wikis for Learning Radio Communication and Signal Processing

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: Wikis for Learning Radio Communication and Signal Processing
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:37:58 -0500

Hi Karl,

There are a lot of resources for learning about GNU Radio. I suggest that you start with the Beginner level https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Tutorials

There are lots of places where the documentation can be clarified and expanded. We welcome your comments and participation!

---
Barry Duggan KV4FV
https://github.com/duggabe

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:39:17 -0400, Karl wrote:

Hi list, I just subscribed,

I'm very interested in SDR but don't have very much relevant academic
training.  I was wondering if anybody knew of a place for people to
exchange their learning on things like this, similar to wikipedia or
wikiversity, but with an eye towards sdr: or any major
wikipedia/wikiversity topics that would be good places to add to as
one learned.

I found https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/SuggestedReading which
mostly seems to link to static articles, not things the community can
contribute to.  And I'm noting there are other SDR frameworks than
gnuradio.

I'm kind of imagining that if there were a place for people to
contribute information to in an organized manner, the difficult
learning curve towards understanding radio communications could be
eventually made a lot tighter for the goals that people enter with.