Re: Centos7 installing GNU3.8 via pybombs issue

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Centos7 installing GNU3.8 via pybombs issue
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 22:00:46 +0100

Oh, I was skipping past that; I was wrongly assuming you were using
CentOS 8.

Yeah, as Alex said, on CentOS 7, this will be cumbersome. If I was
forced to work on CentOS 7, I'd very much consider a podman or docker
container or simply a chroot to hold a CentOS 8 (or whatever more
modern, really) installation. In the end, if you want to do this
natively on CentOS 7, you're probably in for a bit of manual dependency
installation, pybombs won't be of much help currently, and you'll have
to isolate the newer versions of things that GNU Radio needs from the
older versions of things that your system needs - and then you're
halfway building a container, anyway.

Best regards,
Marcus