RE: Measuring transmission power from USRP B210

From: Bernd Schleicher
Subject: RE: Measuring transmission power from USRP B210
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 08:28:24 +0000

Hi Moses,

I would try to reduce the task to something that >must< work and then gradually increase the complexity.

  • Maybe even start with checking the spectrum analyzer with another signal source. Do you have a programmed calibration (power) offset?
  • Put a DC block at the input of the spectrum analyzer.
  • Reduce sample rate
  • Reduce amplitude of the signal source in flow chart. à Does the spectrum change? View wider spectrum. Do you see intermodulation products, harmonics, other spurs?
  • Reduce gain of the USRP sink in flow chart à Does increasing gain follow a linear relation, i.e. 1 dB increase in gain value gives 1 dB increase of output power?
  • Change center frequency à Is it the same at all center frequencies or does it have a frequency slope?

Best regards, Bernd