Re: Tag Best Practices & Performance?

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Tag Best Practices & Performance?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 11:40:06 -0500

See:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Tagged_Stream_Blocks
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Stream_Tags

It's a little confusing at first that they're called Stream Tags and Tagged Streams.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 11:35 AM Jeff Long <willcode4@gmail.com> wrote:
A tag is a piece of metadata that points to a specific sample in a stream. Tagged streams operate on chunks of samples, using a certain tag to determine the chunk length. Streams are simpler to deal with, unless you need data chunked.

What kind of performance issues are you finding?

If you are implementing a block, and do not want tags passed through, `set_tag_propagation_policy(TPP_DONT)`.