Re: Documenting GNURadio Use.

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: Documenting GNURadio Use.
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 10:34:58 -0500

On 1/5/21 4:27 PM, Glen Langston wrote:
Dear Gnuradio folks,

Again, I hope the email finds you all well and successful.

This email notes that Gnuradio Radio Astronomy software can be used to measure
the
Noise Figure of amplifiers.   We’ve been working on documentation of the process
for home radio astronomers.   The Noise figure (in dB) directly translates into
a measure of the sensitivity of the radio telescopes, which should have an
effective “receiver temperature” of less than 300 Kelvin for good performance.
The measurement process and amplifier results are documented.

The LightWork Memo 28 is just released as a Google Doc:

Glen, thank you for documenting this and putting it online!