Re: raspberry pi + dvb-t2

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: raspberry pi + dvb-t2
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 04:54:42 -0700

I haven't tried it, but it may be possible on a Raspberry Pi 4. I wouldn't bother with anything less than a RPi4. I have successfully run a modified DVB-T2 flow graph on a Beagleboard-X15, but only at 5 MHz channel width (5.714285 Msps).

I've attached the flow graph. It uses short frames and 5/6 code rate to limit the amount of LDPC processing. It also sends a lot of dummy symbols, again to limit the amount of processing. However, it still attains 19.057285 Mbps at 5 MHz channel width. If you can get it to run at 8 MHz channel width, the bitrate will be 30.491656 Mbps.

It's also tuned for UHD v3.13.0.3-rc1. If you're using a later version of UHD, change send_frame_size=65536 to send_frame_size=8192 in the UHD Sink block. Using large USB frames helps to significantly lower processor load, but this feature has been removed from later versions of UHD.

Ron