Re: RTL-SDR v3 dongle support

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: RTL-SDR v3 dongle support
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 14:08:13 -0400

This is true. GNU Radio is looking at directly supporting gr-iio (PLUTO) and gr-soapy (drivers available for a number of SDRs) in the future to give users more choices. We will still be dependent on outside projects/vendors to maintain the drivers, though. GNU Radio (this list) is a user of rtl-sdr and gr-osmosdr, but does not maintain those packages or any other drivers.