Re: FM Radio Reception Issue on VMWare

From: Jay Patel
Subject: Re: FM Radio Reception Issue on VMWare
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 18:51:27 -0300

Hi James,

From your screenshot, it looks like your audio is underrunning. Here is the link you can find more details :
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/ALSAPulseAudio

Also i made flow graph for FM radio for my earlier projects. You can find those flowgraphs here:
https://github.com/patel999jay/ADALM-Pluto-File-Transfer

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jay

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 6:14 PM James Hayek <james.hayek@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all, I am unsure if this is an issue with my flowgraph or something specific to my VMWare machine. I am running Windows 10 along with a Virtual Machine running Ubuntu 20.04 and GNU Radio 3.8.2.0 (Python 3.8.5). I am using the Pluto SDR.

On my Windows machine, I have GNU Radio 3.17.13.4
I created similar flow graphs on both platforms and only encounter playback (choppy) issues when running on my VM Machine.

My Linux flowgraph is a little nicer with QT GUI's and shown below:
image.png

My Windows machine doesn't have any GUI's, but the same flow control.
See below:

image.png

Why am I getting a choppy audio output on my VM Machine?
Btw, I ran "aplay -l" to determine the Linux Audio output would be "plughw:0,1", but even leaving this blank I still get choppy audio.

Any ideas?

--
Thanks,
James G Hayek