message_strobe_random Poisson ==> Exponential

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: message_strobe_random Poisson ==> Exponential
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 21:35:27 -0400

Hi all,

I was playing around with the message_strobe_random block and saw that it has an option that the random delay is Poisson distributed.
When choosing this option the block does not behave as expected.

I believe the intention of the author was to have an "exponential" distribution
in place of the Poisson distribution:

A Poisson distribution counts the number of arrivals in a given time interval.The exponential distribution refers to the corresponding interarrival time.
The two are intimately related, but refer to different things.

The block uses these distributions to calculate the delay before generating a message so it clearly refers to the latter than the former.
I suppose the only change should be that the corresponding boost library is used:

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/math/doc/html/math_toolkit/dist_ref/dists/exp_dist.html

instead of

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/boost/random/poisson_distribution.hpp

best,