Re: Teething problems with new GNU Radio 3.9 installation

From: Josh Morman
Subject: Re: Teething problems with new GNU Radio 3.9 installation
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 06:25:55 -0400

Brendan,

If you are able to, I would recommend updating to Ubuntu 20.04 and then using the ppa to install 3.9: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR (from PPA section)
If you are stuck with 18.04, I would recommend dropping back to v3.8 and follow the same instructions.

If you must install from source, I have been able to build 3.9 on 18.04 using these prerequisites (and then volk from source):
https://github.com/mormj/gnuradio-docker/blob/maint-3.9/ubuntu/18.04/buildreqs.Dockerfile

Josh