Passing a "Tag Value" to "Multiply by Tag Value" block

From: George Edwards
Subject: Passing a "Tag Value" to "Multiply by Tag Value" block
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 14:21:39 -0500

Hello GNURadio Community:

In my GRC signal flowgraph, I would like to make use of a complex value computed down stream to multiply upstream input values. Gnuradio has a "Multiply by Tag Value" block which I think would work wonderfully, if I knew how to use it.

I am building an OOT downstream block that takes in a complex input stream and outputs a complex output stream. In addition, this OOT block runs an algorithm to determine if an upstream block needs to have its input values multiplied by different run time complex values, which is where the  "Multiply by Tag Value" block would come in handy. The output data from the OOT block does not need tagging (will be fine as long as the upstream multiplication value is good). How do I create in the OOT a complex tag value which the upstream multiplication block can read?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
George