Import problem of OOT module

From: Dr. Karsten Schmidt
Subject: Import problem of OOT module
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 22:28:27 +0200

Hallo

I’m trying to port a hardware driver from an older gnuradio version to to gnuradio 3.8. According to the steps described in  https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_GNU_Radio_in_C%2B%2B#Creating_our_OOT_module I was able port the content to gnuradio 3.8. It complies and installs cleanly

The new 2 modules (source and sink) are also visible in gnuradio-companion and can be used in flowcharts and the code generation for python works. Nevertheless I’m not able to execute the flowgraph. I  receive the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ks/Ham/src/gr-hiqsdr/examples/tone_a.py", line 34, in <module>
  import hiqsdr
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'hiqsdr'

The relevant line is just an simple just "import hiqsdr"

The hiqsdr module is located in /usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/hiqsdr and the path is also included in the PYTHONPATH

So I do not see the problem. Maybe somebody could help me.

In order to have a simple example, I tried the simple example from https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/OutOfTreeModules. I run in the same import problem.

Kind regards

Karsten

73 de dg1vs