Re: Time Partitioned FFT

From: Elmore's
Subject: Re: Time Partitioned FFT
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:48:48 -0400

Chris,

I am attempting to see if I can implement a particular communications application called FT8 in GNU radio.

FT8 uses FFTs in the manner I described to decode the data which appears as 160 ms symbols encoded as 8 tones. If I understand the protocol correctly, 4 FFTs run concurrently. When 160 ms has completed, the 5th FFT is starting.

My questions at this point boil down to how do you start and stop an FFT? How do you implement a delay in starting the FFT? Is what I am trying even feasible with GNU Radio?

Jim