Re: Taylor detector

From: david vanhorn
Subject: Re: Taylor detector
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:12:20 -0600

I have built the detector in ltspice, but i was hoping to use gr to do a "soup to nuts" sim with multiple transmitters and various noise sources, feed that into the Tayloe, and then see what I could do downline from there to recover my signals.

On 2022-08-12 13:38, david vanhorn wrote:
> Ive been wrestling with this for a while, and im not even seeing how
> to get started implementing a Taylor detector in gr.
>
> Is it even possible?
You mean a *Tayloe* Quadrature Sampling Detector?

This is ordinarily a *hardware component* of certain types of HF
direct-conversion receivers.

Gnu Radio isn't, primarily, a hardware simulation environment, although
it is the case that many DSP transforms
   have hardware analogues, it's not really a hardware simulator.

It's probably best to tell us what you actually want to achieve, because
unless it's really "simulate a Tayloe QSD",
   it's unlikely that building a Tayloe QSD in Gnu Radio is really going
to be that useful...