Re: USRP B210 overflow and underflow

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: USRP B210 overflow and underflow
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 17:37:54 -0500

On 03/01/2023 17:31, Karen young wrote:
  Hi Marcus,

Great! I removed the high pass filter for comparison, do see much less underflow and overflow errors.
May I ask how do the over 1000 taps come from? I do not understand how you get this number.
If I have to use a high pass filter, how to reduce its effect on slowing down the operation speed?

Thanks
Karen
If you use the "High Pass filter taps" object, and hand it the same parameters you used, then do a len(x) on
  that object, it comes back at 1250.

The length of a FIR filter is proportional to the ratio between the sample-rate and the transition width. Gnu Radio
  uses a version of the Parks-McLellan filter-design algorithm (which is in turn a variant of Remez Exchange).
  The algorithms try to find a filter that is optimal both in length and passband parameters.  The filter length tends
  to grow considerably as this ratio gets larger.

This is basic DSP stuff, and not specific to Gnu Radio.  ANY DSP framework that uses FIR filters will have similar
  issues.

Now what you might want to do is generate the taps with the "High Pass Filter Taps" object, and then use those taps
  as the coefficients in a generic FFT filter--the FFT filters tend to be more computationally efficient for larger numbers
  of taps, where "larger" is somewhat system specific, but I tend to use them for anything where there are more than
  about 50 or 60 taps.