Re: how to change default python editor in linux

From: wieniawski
Subject: Re: how to change default python editor in linux
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 10:14:15 +0800

hi,

Pls see my comment below, in blue.

---- Replied Message ----
From Marcus Müller<mueller@kit.edu>
Date 1/9/2023 00:47
To <discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
Subject Re: how to change default python editor in linux
Hey,

However, I tried more.
1. I remove the editor = /usrbin/emacs line in ~/.gnuradio/config.conf
2. I add this line in [working dir]/grc.conf

GNU Radio doesn't read config files from the working directory.
I guess by editing grc.conf, it will have the same result with
~/.gnuradio/config.conf. But it fails.

yep, configuration files are only used if they're in the ~/.gnuradio directory.

1. the local([working dir])'s conf file has the information that it will override the setting in ~/.gnuradio/config.conf
2. I tried to change local_blocks_path = ./, which works. block python file will be generated under working directory.

I believe this kind of design methodology is quite make sense. which just like the relationship between ~/.bashrc and /etc/profile.
So, here is my quesionts
1. Is my guess correct? how could it be fail?

Not correct :)
2. It seems that conf file contains all the settings of gnuradio, where can I find the
usermanual of conf file? So I can changed it myself.

Sadly, we don't have such a config file manual. Every piece of software can add config
file directives as it seems fit.

eh...., so the only way to find out how to edit conf file is this email list?

Best regards,
Marcus