Re: USRP B210 TX/RX switching between transmitting and receiving

From: Daniel Estévez
Subject: Re: USRP B210 TX/RX switching between transmitting and receiving
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 19:25:11 +0100

On 09/01/2023 18:20, Karen young wrote:
Hi,

I want to use the single port (TX/RX) from USRP B210 to switch between transmitting and receiving. I have selected "Ch0: Antenna: TX/RX" for both the USRP sink and source blocks as shown in the figure. I expect the TX/RX port will show orange light. But the USRP hardware still transmits through TX/RX port (Red light on), and receives through RX2 port (Green light on).

What needs to be set if only using a single TX/RX port for switching between transmitting and receiving?

Hi Karen,

It seems that you're trying to transmit continuously, since the Signal Source is delivering samples to the USRP sink all the time. The TX/RX port cannot be used for simultaneous transmit and receive. It can only do one at a time (but can switch during the flowgraph execution).

To receive whenever you are not transmitting something, you need to use burst transmissions (https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/USRP_Sink#Bursty_Transmission). I think that if you do this, the USRP will switch to transmit when you send it a burst, and will switch to receive whenever it has nothing to transmit.

Best,
Daniel.