Re: OOT import module error

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: OOT import module error
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 18:06:47 +0200

Hi Jorge,

On 22/03/2023 16.18, JORGE GONZALEZ ORELLANA via GNU Radio, the Free &
Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have been trying to create OOT modules following this guide
> https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=Creating_Python_OOT_with_gr-modtool
>
> but when i try to run de custom module, i get this error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/uno/GNURADIO EJEMPLOS/testOOT.py", line 36, in <module>
>     import customModule
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'customModule'

You probably need to add the location you've installed your OOT into to
PYTHONPATH environment variable or re-install your OOT in a location that is
already in your pyton default path

  python -c "import sys; print(sys.path)"

Which Linux distribution do you use and which version?

In case you are using Debian/Ubuntu and you have installed your OOT in
/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages then you can adding the following line to
~/.profile and then reboot.

  export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages:$PYTHONPATH

Regards,
Vasil