N310 radio Sample Rate setting

From: George Edwards
Subject: N310 radio Sample Rate setting
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 14:45:25 -0500

Hello GNURadio Community,

I am about to use a N310 radio to transmit and receive data. My problem is I do not know how to interpret the sample rate parameter. I will pose some questions that I am seeking answer to (I read there are 3 Master Clocks for the N310):

Q1. The transmitter Sample Rate setting: is this the sample rate of the data that will enter the N310 hardware from the GRC software component?

Q2.  The receiver Sample Rate setting: is this the sample rate that the N310 hardware outputs the connected GRC software component?

Q3. Now I was reading the interpolation/decimation in the N310 radio and there were statements made about the device having 3 Master Clocks. Let's assume I choose the Master Clock frequency of 125e6 for the transmitter and I wish to upsample by a factor of 100 in the N310 transmitter. I take it that this assumes that  GRC component connected to the N310 USRP Tx block must be running at a sample rate 1.25e6 and that by setting the Sample Rate in the USRP block to 1.25e6 (with the Master Clock set to 125e6) then N310 hardware will upsample the data entering to 125e6, right?

Q4. Now, for the converse at the receiver: with the USRP Master Clock set to 125e6 and USRP Sample Rate set to 1.25e6, then the USRP block will deliver a sample rate of 1.25e6 to the attached  GRC component, right?

Q5. What happens if I do not select one of the Master Clocks, but  provide the Sample Rates at the respective USRP Tx/Rx?

Please let me know if these assumptions are correct?

Thank you!

Regards,
George