Re: Some thoughts about GS

From: Christian Edward Gruber
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about GS
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:30:45 -0500

Well, if Quartz is based on QuickTime and PDF, and GhostScript already
supports PDF, then couldn't a comparable, and "function" compatible graphics
subsystem be created based on this?  I'm sure much of DGS would not be
useless in that regard.

This would rev it forward, all of this could still be mapped to X in the
back-end primitives, and we'd have closer Cocoa-Quartz compatibility.

regards,
Christian.