Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?

From: Christian Edward Gruber
Subject: Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:53:37 -0500

I find that typically, "fat" packages and app-wrappers are not in the mental
picture of most admins, and whilst they are useful, and the capability
should be retained, by default flattened per-platform binary app-wrappers
should be the norm.

I would also recommend that most bin-packagers optionally include scripts
into /usr/local/bin and the like directories which could be wrapper scripts
like java has, setting up GNUstep relevant details and finding the
appropriate app.  That sort of bit would probably be more helpful to a
non-OpenStep-aware free *nix world out there.

ex. a symbolic link called Edit.app which points to a global activation
script which looks at $0 as well as lookup info to find Edit.app in the
appropriate areas.

regards,
Christian.