Re: A killer app?

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: A killer app?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:00:38 -0500

At 06:22 PM 1/23/01, Helge Hess wrote:
"Pascal J. Bourguignon" wrote:
> David Relson <relson@osagesoftware.com> wrote:
> > Remember the graphical diff app on OpenStep?  Is there an equivalent
> > available for Linux?  It's something I'd like to see/have/use.
>
> emacs : M-x ediff ?
> (in vertical mode with '|')

Personally I don't like it at all, the difftool.app UI is much better
(and I still use that, eg on Windows using YellowBox/NT ;-)
The buffer-UI of emacs isn't exactly what I want to have.

Helge

Helge,

I agree. emacs is my editor of choice, but I'm not so sure about ediff. With time, I'm sure I'd get used to it ...

David

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson@osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800