Re: Problem with gdnc on Solaris 2.8 sparc

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with gdnc on Solaris 2.8 sparc
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:25:38 +0000

On Thursday, February 8, 2001, at 11:11 AM, <jzahorsky@ales.cz> wrote:

> > I don't know if the compiler you are using works properly for
> > invocations/distributed
> objects.
> > Did the NSInvocation tests with the base library pass?
> >
> > It might be a good idea to build everything with the ffcall library ...
> > thus avoiding
> > potential problems with the compiler.
>
> Hi,
> thank you for your help.
> I try to configure gstep-core (20010205) with --enable_ffcall option, but
> configuration process don't detected ffcall library (probably problem is that
> "forward
> callback in runtime" was detected as 'no')  . I have compiler: gcc 2.95.2.
> Here is the fragment from configure log:

As I said in an earlier email - you need to get libobjc from the gnustep ftp
site and
install it before running configure ... if you are using an old objc runtime
(like the
one that comes with the compiler) things won't work.

So ... the procedure is this ...
1. configure, build and install the make package
2. use the make package to build and install libObjc
3. re-configure, build and install the make package
4. configure build and install base, then gui, then xgps

You don't need to use --enable-ffcall, it's enabled by default.

> How can I detect if my compiler works properly for invocations/distributed
> objects ?

Run the incocation tests in base/Testing .... they should work.