Objective-C patches for GDB 5.0

From: David Relson
Subject: Objective-C patches for GDB 5.0
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:36:27 -0500

Greetings,

I've been running a patched gdb 5.0 with Objective-C capabilities for a while now. This morning, prompted by a message from Ian Mondragon, I did some work and put together a new patch file and a script to apply it.

Tarball ftp://ftp.osagesoftware.com/pub/outgoing/gdb-5.0.tgz has everything in directory .../outgoing/gdb-5.0.

Directory ftp://ftp.osagesoftware.com/pub/outgoing/gdb-5.0 has a README, the patch, a script for applying it, and some small support files

gdb-5.0-objc-unoff.20010209.patch is the patch file.

mk-gdb-5.0-objc is the script unpacking a gdb-5.0 source tarball and applying the patch. Likely you'll want to change the directories used in it.

As far as I know, this is a working port of my gdb-4.18-objc-unoff.patch, which was a working port of gdb-4.17-obj-unoff.980505. If you run into problems, let me know and I'll make an effort to help. Unfortunately, I'm not a gdb guru ...

David