gdomap problem

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: gdomap problem
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:55:54 +0100

Hi all,

Two questions:

1) When gmp is installed gdomap uses it. But when gmp is installed in
the directory structure of GNUstep you need to add GNUstep.sh to the
bootup scripts for gdomap to be able to find the libs. So I suggest that
gmp will be installed within the normal Unix tree and not within the
GNUstep tree. Now the question, does anybody know a distro that already
has gmp installed and for which that might lead to dependancy problems?

2) This is probably Linux specific, I added the gdomap lines to
/etc/services and gdomap is runnig, but when I do a telnet to localhost
gdomap I get:
gdomap: bad port number
Telnetting to port 538 gives me a connection. So I guess I am doing
something wrong (btw rebooting the machine doesn't help eighter). Where
do I have to look to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Dennis