Re: Idea 1: A HTML browser

From: Martin
Subject: Re: Idea 1: A HTML browser
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 15:09:06

Hi, -

A while ago I thought about that browser thing, too. And since that's
currently one of my few and only ways to contribute, I thought to just
enter the discussion :-)

Well, other interesting brower-related ideas could be:

- using khtml like netraider ( www.netraider.de )
- using mozilla's rendering engine (like galeon)

Having a native gnustep html rendering object would of course kick ass.
But until such a beast is finished, it would be cool to have a
functional browser that would fit into the GNUstep enviroment, as
Dennis already mentioned. This would be also very helpful with the
documentation.

The problem with Zen is, that it seems pretty unfinished (look at the
slashdot-screenshot) whereas khtml and mozilla are pretty cool already.
Using Mozilla would also keep gnustep crossplatform compatible. And
Netscape/Mozilla is the most used one on linux, I guess.

Anyway, I should learn Obj-C, too :-)

- Martin Brecher