Re: GNUstep equivalent to the "open" tool.

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep equivalent to the "open" tool.
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:08:30 -0800 (PST)

--- Tom Hageman <trh@xs4all.nl> wrote:
<snip>
> make_services might be a natural candidate, as it already scans the apps
> for services info.

When the user selects "Update Viewers" a tool called AppFinder.tool is run.
I suspect that the same tool is executed when the user logs and the workspace
is started.

Adding this to make_services doesn't seem right since this is not how it
functions under OPENSTEP.   We should probably create a similar tool which
lives in the tools directory and is executed by GNUstep.sh when logging in
and by the workspace application (most likely GWorkspace.app) when update
viewers is selected.

> --
> __/__/__/__/  Tom Hageman  <trh@xs4all.nl> (home)  [NeXTmail/Mime OK]
>   __/ __/_/         <t.hageman@proteon.nl> (work)  [Mime OK]
>  __/__/__/
> __/  _/_/                                              [ObjC retain];
> objc: FREED(id): message retain sent to freed object=0xdeadcafe

=====
Gregory John Casamento