Re: GNUstep version number(s)

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep version number(s)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:20:43 -0700

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:43:15 +0100 (BST)
Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
> in brief - the concept for the masses is -
> the gnustep gui stuff will rock and kick asses when finished; but the
> gnustep non-gui stuff rocks and kicks asses *ALREADY* *NOW*.
> to bring this concept forward, we need to have clearly different release
> numbers between gui and non-gui stuff.

You are absolutely right, and I agree - but it's a pain in the ... to
explain people what GNUstep is, what it does, WHY there are several
parts and packages with different versions - if, in the end, they will
ask something like "cool stuff, so tell me, which version should I get"
*sigh*

--
Chris