Re: Problem with my first app

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Problem with my first app
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:31:14 +0200

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:58:25 -0400
Jason Clouse <jclouse25@home.com> wrote:

> > - ObjC headers should be #imported, not #included
>
> To change the subject, why is #import deprecated in gcc?  It strikes me as
> odd to support a solution which: (1) breaks with established practice; (2)
> is--even if only mildly so--ugly; and (3) requires more typing :-).  It seems
> to me that using #import gives you one less thing to remember to do.

I don't know  - but I know that I dislike it *very much*. Your 3rd point is
IMHO even a worse one because it is not only about typing but about having
developers to type more ifdefs/defines, that is train them to use them all over
the place, very ugly indeed!

BTW what says Apple to this, will they change to "#include" then as well
(guessing that they will upgrade to gcc 3.x anytime in the midterm future as
well)?

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert