Re: Re[2]: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: Re: Re[2]: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:30:21 +0000

It's not so bad. Get hold of mingw (www.mingw.org), then follow instructions
from core/make/Documentation/MinGW.README. You need to install quite a few
packages in all to make it work, but it can be made to work! The advantage of
using MinGW on top of Cygwin is that you get the nice shells and tools of
Cygwin, whereas the finished compiled binaries do not require the cygwin.dll
to be installed (thus preventing licensing issues).

Actually, it's still quite tricky to get it all working, but definitely
possible (I have done it fairly recently and rely on it).

One of the packages you need to install is libobjc, which gives you the
support that the Cygwin folks left out.

Stephen Brandon
stephen@brandonitconsulting.co.uk