Re: How to port to GNUstep ?

From: ramana rao
Subject: Re: How to port to GNUstep ?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:39:29 +0530

Hi,

We did port a huge protion of our fault management System, the server
portion from WebObjects3.5 to GNUstep on solaris. Had some good experience
in these matthers, also interested to share the knowledge

We had got a a very valuable help from Discussion group while portng this
system

Key points:
    1.Our Client still runs in WebObjects4.0, there is socket communication
between Client and Server. And we are transfering objects from GNUstep to
Openstep, to and fro, for this we are using a platform indepedent archiver
in place of NSArchiver. It is GMArchiver that comes with GNUstep.

    2. There are few GNUstep specific problems, for example [NSNumber
numberWitjLongLond:(long long) x]; does not work etc....

thanks

Ramana Rao
Orillion
Hyderabad