Re: White background in icons and WM integration

From: Tyson Whitehead
Subject: Re: White background in icons and WM integration
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 12:24:28 -0500

Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> > If anybody has not heard of the directfb project, I recommend you
> > check it out at www.directfb.org It has some really fantastic
> > features, like MMX accelerated alpha-blending ( a good thing to
> > have for gnustep).
> >
> > Chad
>
> Was wondering what your thoughts were on the General Graphics Interface...
>
> http://www.ggi-project.org/

It does not  use floats as coodinates, but ints.  That means that when
you have a  1600x1200 15" lcd, you can't read  anything on the screen,
and you can't point to the 16x16 pixel arrows in the scrolls.

Sorry, should have been more specific.  I meant, Chad you might be interested in considered using GGI as a backend for the work that you were purposing.

Not saying your should or should not.  Just curious to hear what people's opinions are on GGI (which can use directfb) versus just using directfb for low level graphics.  Would be helpful to me as I will probably windup using one of them in a porting an embedded system that I built from Pharlap's TNT DOS extender to Linux (not related to Objective C).

Thanks,
-T

PS:  Does anybody know anything about Python/Objective C interpretability (besides using the standard Python/C stuff)?

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC 140-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,