"external" frameworks (was: Re: GNUStep: An Apology for Announcing Donat

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: "external" frameworks (was: Re: GNUStep: An Apology for Announcing Donation of Proprietary Software to the Project)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:14:44 -0800

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:52:47 +0000 (GMT)
Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
> we miss gui details, we miss applications, but we have to code those
> anyway - it's just a matter of time.  so - what
[...]

I hope that's not flame-bait ...

The other day, I came across source of some older (April 2000, IIRC)
frameworks used by Omni Group. Some of the make- and config-files
use GNUstep #ifdef's others don't ... According to the license files,
you cannot release any changes, only send patches back to Omni.

Has anyone ever tried to port those to GNUstep?
I don't know if Omni would give permission to do so and let us add
them to GNUstep, but those frameworks just might spark the interest
of other developers, especially those with OS-X background ...
(eg. OmniWeb is based on those)

--
Chris