Re: beginner questions

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: beginner questions
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 06:43:59 +0000

On Wednesday, December 26, 2001, at 04:52 PM, Matej Kosik wrote:

Hi there,

I compiled `gcc' with `--enable-objc-gc' option and
`libgnustep-base' with `gc=yes' option.

According to

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/libFoundation/doc/libFoundation_13.
html#SEC14

(I am not sure whether it relates also to current GNUstep state)

I need not to use RETAIN/RELEASE/AUTORELEASE.
Am I correct?

Yes ... however the GC support has not been used/worked on for ages, and is really alpha-test/experimental - so you may need to work on it and contribute fixes.