Re: NSArchiver on Win32 and cross-compatibility with Cocoa?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: NSArchiver on Win32 and cross-compatibility with Cocoa?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:18:42 +0100 (CET)

Angus Gratton <angusgr@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> I've been looking at using the NSArchiver class to store my document
> data files (a combination of primarily strings and sounds - probably
> using SndKit.)
>
> However, it has to run on both Windows (Win32/mingw compiler) and
> Cocoa (using Apple's foundation kit) and I understand that the
> GNUStep and Cocoa Archiver files aren't compatible, right?
>
> Is there any way you can use the GNUStep Archiver format even if you
> don't use anything else from GNUStep (I don't want to force my users
> to install all the GNUStep stuff on OS X.)
>
> Am I daydreaming? Do I need to byte the bullet and make my own
> encoder/decoder methods for this data?

This is a FAQ.  Do we have a GNUstep FAQ?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=GNUStep+Archiver&hl=en&as_qdr=all&sa=N&tab=wg

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=GNUStep+Archiver&hl=en&as_qdr=all&rnum=3&selm=10009100424.AA00936%40tiptree.brainstorm.co.uk

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around