Re: Peculiar error in GWorkspace

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: Peculiar error in GWorkspace
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:15:05 -0800

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:07:36 +0200 (EET)
Enrico Sersale <enrico@www.imago.ro> wrote:
[...]
> > As you can see, it only affects drive da4, da6 and da7, as if larger
> > drives cannot be handled correctly, if used and available space differ
> > too much, since GWorkspace shows space on disk da5 as supposed to.
> > Looking at the source in GWorkspace/Viewers/ViewersWin.m,
> >  -updateInfoString calls [NSFileManager fileSystemAttributesAtPath:],
> > which in turn calls GetDiskFreeSpace() - but where the heck is it?
> > A grep(1) only returns one call in base/Source/NSFileManager.m ...
> Actually I can't reproduce this because I've not a big empty partition...
> Try to take a look also at fileSizeDescription(), in Functions.m.

I checked that one first and it looked fine. I'll do a little testing
tonight with your new version of GWorkspace when I get home, but as
far as I remember, using a call to getfsstat(2) and routing it through
your fileSizeDescription, returns correct results.
I noticed that problem back in 0.2.3 and did some checks, but forgot
about it...

--
Chris