Re: Most wanted features...:-)

From: e.sammer
Subject: Re: Most wanted features...:-)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:25:47 -0500

Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I rarely get feedback regarding ProjectCenter, so either no one is
> using it or it is just perfect...:-) While the first might be true,
> the latter definitly is not, so I'd like to here from you what is
> preventing you from using it, what are the biggest showstoppers and
> so on.
>
> Do not hesitate, any feedback is important to me!

i'd say the following things are what i hear the most (some of them are mine, also):

- a built in editor is needed. most people seem to be confused by the fact that PC doesn't have a built in editor. i'm sure it's because most people would choose to use vi, emacs, nedit, or something else, but it would certainly make it a bit more "integrated." - a plist editor of some kind would be _really_ helpful. it would make working with the Info.plist and other files much easier. check out PropertyListEditor.app on Mac OS X for a good (but not complete) example.
- better support for multiple build styles ala Project Builder
- possibly a target editor (again, ala Project Builder) that would set the proper GNUmakefile variables
- tight integration with Gorm (class dragging / dropping)

of course, i haven't used PC in awhile, so some of these features may have been added (last i used it was about 1 month ago). PC does have some really good features... keep up the good work.

--
eric.sammer
eric@lifeless.net