Re: XQueryTree problems in xgps

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: XQueryTree problems in xgps
Date: 29 Jan 2002 08:20:31 +0100

Fred Kiefer <FredKiefer@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi Adam,
>
> the surprising thing with that patch is that it even works on my KDE 2
> environment. I am sure that I had to add the iterative call to
> XQueryTree here to get the different levels of additional windows sorted
> out on this platform, but now even a drag and drop between different
> applications seems to work without it.

Ah, that is what it was for.  Well, there were problems with
the DnD code in finding the xdnd properties on windows.   So
I rewrote sometime the code to find the XWindow with the xdnd
properties attached.

> I don't quite understand how this could work, but if this will work in
> all cases we might even be able to drop the switch for double parenting
> checks.

I think that we still might need it when we want DnD to work
between GNUstep and non GNUstep applications.   GNUstep
is very forgiving w.r.t. on which window the xdnd properties
are set.  But others programs might not be so forgiving and
we have to set the properties on the right window for them.

Wim Oudshoorn.