Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit

From: Martin Häcker
Subject: Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:24:23 +0100

Martin Häcker <mhaecker@mac.com> writes:

 Also another question: It seems that the gdl (right this time? <g>)
 has no flat file Adoptor, although this seems to be the most
 requested feature (on the os x mailing list). How much knowledge of
 the DBKit or EOF would it take to write one? Or has it already been
 done?

I think it's sort of been done.  The gdl is based on EOF2, and I
believe that the Rhapsody release included an example flat file
adapter that worked with EOF2.  Haven't dug out that code and compiled
it with gdl yet, though, so it's anyone's guess how much hacking it
might need.

There also was a gdbm adapter, which was released under the GPL.
Can't remember whether it was for the DBKit or EOF, though.

Uhm, could you provide me with a hint as to where to get to these
things? Because I dont have any acces to this code that I know of...
:(

Although as Helge writes, it probably wouldnt work. :((

thx for the info though!

Martin
--
dont.wanna.tell