Re: ANN: Gorm Version 0.1.0

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: ANN: Gorm Version 0.1.0
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:05:13 +0000 (GMT)

> > I tested last cvs version of Gorm, but it still have a little problem for
> > me : autosizing
> > of NSTableView don't work...
> > Is it a bug or a work-in-progress ?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, but I can see when running
> GSTest that - while I did implement the tableview autosizing when I wrote
> the table view, and it was working - now it no longer works ... for
> unknown reasons, the table view -sizeToFit: is currently ignoring the
> actual size of what is to be displayed in the table rows and headers.

Perhaps this is not that unreasonable - if you have a huge number of rows,
you might not want sizeToFit: to loop on all the rows (for all the
columns) to determine the minimum size to display comfortably all rows in
a column.

So - yes - might be a good idea not to do that ... but at least it would
be appropriate that -sizeToFit resizes columns so that the column header
is fully displayed.  That is not as much computationally expensive.