.gorm vs .gmodel

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: .gorm vs .gmodel
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:02:35 +0000

Hi,

sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am (still) puzzled about the
difference between .gorm and .gmodel files.

Let's say I use nib2gmodel to convert some nibs to gmodels for an app or two.
If these gmodels sit in the same directory as the nibs, then if I compile on
GNUstep instead of MacOSX, will the gmodel files get automatically picked up
and used instead of the nibs?

And with gorm files, does the same thing apply? If they sit, for example, in
English.lproj, do they get picked up in the same way as nibs?

So what I am asking is if GNUstep is able to natively use gorm and gmodel
files as nib replacements.

And if that's the case, are the gorm and gmodel files actually of identical
format?

Lastly, is it possible in any way to open gmodels in Gorm.app for editing?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Stephen Brandon