Re: Proposition for a Gorm feature Was: Gorm too complex ?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Proposition for a Gorm feature Was: Gorm too complex ?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:54:25 +0100 (CET)

> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:45:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
> [...]
> Such things can be done in the awakeFromNib method.
>
> > In the  end, it's less work because  I don't have to  do anything just
> > because some traducer added a  new localized strings file. As you have
> > it currently  with Gorm  and Interface builder,  you need to  tune the
> > interface even in that case. Too much work for me.
>
> It seems like less work to me to do it in the above mentioned method and edit
> the GUI using Gorm as I see fit, instead of maintaining pages of generated
> code.

The main point of have source code, is portability, and with the added
benefit of ease  of versionning with CVS, and  the possibility to edit
it even  if Gorm is  not available. If InterfaceBuilder  had generated
Objective-C  source code,  a  lot of  OPENSTEP  applications could  be
ported to GNUstep much more easily!

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around